It was a great honor yesterday morning to recognize all of those who serve at Threshold by having them stand during the welcome time. I can’t thank you guys enough for all you do to love on people and to grow the kingdom of God.
Unfortunately, I screwed up by omitting the one team on whose shoulders we all stand: our Prayer Team. This team meets every single Sunday morning without fail, to pray for our needs, our vision, our hurts and our joys. We wouldn’t exist without them. Thanks Prayer Team!
Our focus in the Word yesterday was Genesis 25 and 27, the story of Jacob and Esau. Such a dysfunctional family… and yet God worked in them and through them, just as He can and does in our families today.
The four closing points I made in the talk are these:
1. God doesn’t need our help to accomplish his will.
2. Our attempts to do godly things never justify sinful behavior.
3. Couples must always stand united as they raise their kids.
4. Secrets and paying favorites will destroy a family.
COMING UP AT THRESHOLD:
1. Six Great Dates begins Sunday, February 13. Click HERE for details or to register.
2. Baptisms on February 20. Please contact Van Pennington if you are interested. email@example.com.
3. Forget your tithe check again? Online Giving is available. Click HERE.