I suppose any parent would’ve been like me when sending their child halfway around the world for the next five months. Sending Jake off to South Africa last Thursday was exciting, but not without its share of nerves and fears.
Then we met Bert…
The story of Abraham’s old trusted friend being sent off on a long road in search of a wife for Isaac (Genesis 24) is an incredible story of God’s Providence in the lives of his people, and a great encouraging lesson on prayer.
We drew the following conclusions about prayer from this story:
1. Invite God’s Holy Spirit to lead you into prayer
2. Pray confidently and specifically
3. Watch for answers to your prayers and recognize them when they occur
4. Give God thanks and praise for answered prayer
5. Tell others about these answered prayers to bring glory to God and to encourage others.