We’re beginning the new year with a look at Genesis 12-50, which is the story of the first four generations of the people of God. We’ll not only become more familiar with the biblical narrative, but we will also be looking for parallels between these ancient families and our own – how God would have us live and love in families today.
Luke started us off well yesterday with a look at Genesis 12: The Call of Abraham and the Covenant of God.
Luke made the following points.
- The call is always initiated by God (12:1a)
- The call always comes with suffering (12:1b)
- The call always comes with a promise (12;2-3)
- The call always comes with a decision to be made (12:4)
- The call always comes with the need for worship and remembrance (12:7-8)
- The call comes with an irrevocable covenant behind it (15:1-6, 17-18)