we continued our encounters with Jesus yesterday, as he arrives on the beach to hang out with some of his disciples after his resurrection. the text was john 21.1-22.
luke did a terrific job of walking us through this encounter, and illustrating for us how to reflect Christ to others in our everyday lives.
the focus of the talk was to answer this question: “what does it look like to live life on mission for jesus?” in other words, when he call us to make disciples, what does that look like?
1. jesus pursued the disciples by going into their world (21:1-4)
2. jesus met their needs in a personal way (21:5-6)
3. jesus spent significant time with them (21:7-15a)
4. jesus challenged sin with God’s word (21:15b-19)
5. jesus did not make clones, he handcrafted disciples (21:20-22)